Sponge Cake is easy and fun to make. This cake is one of my favourite types of cakes. Try this recipe!You will need:
you will need:
- 200 grams of self-raising flour (sifted)
- 2 tablespoon baking powder
- 100 grams of butter
- 8 whole eggs separated
- 300 grams of sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla essence
How to do it:
- Sift the flour and baking powder three times.
- Melt the butter in a small pan over low heat. Let cool.
- Separate the egg whites and yolks. Beat egg whites until they become white and frothy. Add sugar little by little and continue beating until sugar dissolves.
- Next, add the egg yolks and beat about 5 minutes. After that, add in the dry ingredients, melted butter, and vanilla. Mix well using a rubber spatula.
- Pour the sponge cake batter into an 11-inch round pan that has been greased with butter and floured.
- Preheat oven to 180 C and bake the cake for 30 minutes.
- The cake is ready when you can lightly press on it with your finger and it bounces back. (and also when a toothpick inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean.)
- Remove the cake from the oven and let cool.
- Serve and enjoy.